Indicates that the item is a Top Pick. The full review is available in 102 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum.
- 24 Game: Single Digits , Double Digits , Add/Subtract Primer, Multiply/Divide Primer, Fractions/Decimals, and Algebra/Exponents
- ADD-Arithmetic Developed Daily
- AIMS Education Math Activity Books
- Algebra Word Problems, Books 1 and 2
- Baseball Math
- Challenging Word Problems
- DIVE Into Math
- Fahrenheit: The Weather Card Game
- Football Math
- Fourmation Game
- How to Be Good at Math
- Key to Geometry
- Key to Series
- Knowre Pre-Algebra through Algebra 2 Courses
- Learning Wrap-Ups
- Math and Science Speed Sketch game
- Mathematicians are People, Too, volumes one and two
- Math-Teacher (CD-ROM computer programs)
- MathXpert: Algebra Assistant, Precalculus Assistant, and Calculus Assistant [CD-ROM programs for Windows computers]
- Nicole the Math Lady – Saxon Math Instructional Videos
- Painless Fractions
- Pirate Math: Developing Mathematical Reasoning with Games and Puzzles
- Saxon Math Teacher computer CD's
- Smart Moves: Developing Mathematical Reasoning with Games and Puzzles
- Teaching Tape Technology-Saxon Math [DVDs]
- Time-Travel Math: An Advanced Geometry Adventure for Grades 4-5
- When Math Matters
- Who's Counting Math Card Game
- Your Busines$ Math Series
Math Supplements Web Links
free printable worksheets for math for kindergarten level through pre-algebra plus formatted handwriting pages
- education.com math word problem worksheets
free printable math worksheets for preschool through high school with lots of variety
- Graphite reviews
Graphite is a site that hosts teacher reviews and ratings for online games and websites as well as apps. Free and no registration required.
- iPracticeMath.com free worksheets
iPracticeMath.com offers free math worksheets for grades 1 -5 that can be completed online or printed for use offline. They cover most topics for the elementary grades. Topical lessons are also available. You can also subscribe monthly ($10) or yearly ($60) to get access to resources for grades 6 through 8 and Algebra 1. Word problems and quizzes are available for all grade levels only through paid membership. The system automatically tracks students and provides reports.
KinderTown is a website that reviews apps for iPads and iPhones, providing an easy interface for finding useful educational apps for ages 3 to 8. See my brief review of KinderTown here.
- Learn ’em Forwards and Backwards
David Chandler of Math Without Borders has created a free online flashcard-style program to help students master multiplication and division facts. The program even tracks student progress including recording response time. Problems are present in a spiral fashion as students work through five levels toward mastery.
- Math is Fun.com
free online site with curriculum, individual lessons, games, worksheets, puzzles for PreK through high school. Click here for my review.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
free, animated demonstrations of how many different manipulatives are used to teach concepts, primarily for the elementary grades
free online site that helps you find games, videos, and software by grade level, subject area, and standards covered
- Sheppard Software Math
free drill games for K through 8—games drill basic operations, fractions, decimals, measurment, time, money, and more
- Spirit of Math iPad App
This colorful app provides five types of drills at different levels that should be especially good for students in the elementary grades who are advanced in math. These are timed drills that take five or ten minutes to complete.
- Ten Good iPad Apps for Elementary School Math Practice
iPad Apps for School recommends "Ten Good iPad Apps for Elementary School Math Practice"
- Zoom Chess
Zoom Chess is a subscription-based site for online "curriculum" for all levels of chess players from beginners to advanced players. Differentiated lessons adapt to provide children with sequential learning appropriate for each student.